Share this Page
Founder of Seicho-No-Ie, Rev. Masaharu Taniguchi
- Born on November 22, 1893 in Kobe Prefecture.
- In 1914, he left the English literature course of Waseda University to dedicate himself to seek for the Truth.
- Soon after, he received the divine inspirations of “man is a child of God”, “only the world of Absolute Goodness,” and “all religions emanate from one universal God.” With his earnest wish to convey this Truth to all people, Rev. Taniguchi published the “Seicho-No-Ie” magazine in March 1930.
- Since then, with the increased expansion of magazine distribution, the Religious Juridical Person, “Seicho-No-Ie” was established.
- On June 6, 1949, the Mental Science Institute granted him the degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D.
- On May 15, 1963, the Religious Science Institute (the Founders Church of Religious Science) in Los Angeles, California presented him with their highest degree, Doctor of Humanities.
- On June 17, 1985, the curtain of his abundant life and career was drawn to a close at the age of 91.